Xiaomi expects to make it big in India
April 22, 2015
Last week, the company has been teasing Indian “phonephiles” by creating buzz about the large battery and high-quality build of its upcoming Mi smartphone. Now, the China-based OEM, Xiaomi, has shared two more teasers for the Mi, just before its expected launch at the company’s Global Mi Phone Premiere event, scheduled to take place in New Delhi on Thursday. The device that is expected to make a grand entrance is the Xiaomi Mi 4i.
The first batch of Mi’s recent teasers was shared by Mi India's official Twitter handle, and once again focused on the handset’s superior build. The teaser included the image of a cactus and a patch of green grass next to each other. The text accompanying it was simple, yet resonated with almost every smartphone user. "Does every flagship phone feel good when you touch it?" Along with the brief albeit powerful statement was a hashtag, #iDisagrees. It is possible the company is having a go at the somewhat rough finish of the back of the OnePlus One 64GB edition. And the timing of the dig couldn't be more apt, as the launch of the Mi 4i is Thursday, and not too long ago, the OnePlus One ditched its whole Invites-only sale strategy.
The second teaser (or should we say, tweet) pointed at how easily and comfortably the phone fits in one hand. The image supporting the claim was that of a basketball being held by two hands, next to the image of a cricket ball, held by one. The tweet itself said, "Do all flagship phones fit comfortably in your hands?" followed by the same hashtag. This statement almost certainly talks about the form factor, with the screen size of the phone being less than 5 inches. According to leaks regarding the phone, the 4i is expected to have a 4.9-inch display screen. As mentioned before, the previous batch of teasers hinted at the new smartphone’s battery capacity, its luxurious build and high resolution display. If one looks beyond the context of the teasers, Xiaomi has revealed very little about the upcoming device, even though the launch date is just around the corner. Of course, a regular part of the smartphone’s marketing campaign has been the use of the letter ‘i’. The letter has been used in all promotional materials, event invites and the teasers. Perhaps that is a jab at the iOS. Though we must say, taking on Apple Inc would be a rather bold marketing objective. From the leaks over the last couple of weeks, what can be expected is that the Xiaomi Mi 4i will run the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, will be powered by the 64-bit 1.65GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor. Other rumored features include the Adreno 405 GPU, 2GB of RAM, a 4.9-inch full-HD (1080x1920 pixels) display, a 12-megapixel rear camera, a 4.8-megapixel front camera, and 16GB of built-in storage. If you feel that the phone is for you, do check it out. After all, when it comes to smartphones, users today are spoiled for choice. Don’t worry about managing content transfer from your old phone to the new one, even if you take the leap of faith. There are a lot of good apps to help you with that, some better than the others.
Found this blog interesting?
Want to know more about SmartIO?
Feel free to explore the rest of the website, or email your queries, comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SmartIO releases new build; now supports new content types
- Easily transfer Contacts, Pictures and Videos from any Android phone to Huawei Mate 8
- Apple Finally released iOS Update 9.2 version
- How to transfer Line Chat History/Backup from one Android phone to another Android phone without PC/Cables
- Apple unveils the iPhone 6S, the 6S Plus and the iPad Pro
- IFA 2015 sees the launch of a stream of exciting new devices
- SmartIO is coming to Vegas
- How to transfer videos recorded on an Android phone to an iPhone/iPad without PC & Cables
- Android M has a name…
- Google gets a new CEO, Google Inc. & gets a new name “Alphabet”
- BlackBerry Announces BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
- New Nexus could be more powerful than Samsung Galaxy S6 and Motorola Nexus 6
- Self-repairing screens under development
- Has Samsung found battery technology’s Holy Grail?
- BlackBerry to launch its first Android smartphone
- Apple, everything new… and one more thing
- Are you ready for Android M?
- Android M for Mystery
- Top 3 things to do after buying a new smartphone
- SmartIO: Efficient Transfer & Handling of Contacts, across Devices & Platforms
- Top 3 ways to transfer contacts from an Android phone to an iPhone
- Xiaomi expects to make it big in India
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat Backup from Android Phone to Other Android Phone using SmartIO App
- How to Utilize Pause and Resume Feature on “SmartIO”
- SmartIO Introduction