How to Transfer Content to New Android Phone Using SmartIO
March 6, 2015
Have you just got a new smartphone you were anxiously waiting for? Wow! It must have all the coolest and newest features that you always loved to use. Understandably this is an exciting addition in your life but it will be a while before you will be able to fully personalize it. Chances are that its address book is empty and so are the picture and video galleries. The thought of transferring Contacts, Pictures and Videos from the old phone can be daunting. Are you going to do that? It will take a long along with some cost. However, you will be lucky if you do mobile transfer with SmartIO.
Smartio - Mobile Data Transfer App
SmartIO is a powerful WiFi based content transfer solution supporting all the major Smartphone platforms including iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry. It also enables transferring content from some Basic Phones. All it needs is that the Basic phone supports Java. Similarly, mobile data transfer app lets you transfer content from iPads and Android based tablets. You can ask why is SmartIO superior than what is out there in the market? Well unlike the competition, SmartIO supports cross platform transfer. It means that you can, for example, transfer content from Samsung Galaxy S4 to iPhone or Nokia Lumia. SmartIO is a comprehensive in supporting Contacts, Pictures and Videos unlike other solutions which may only support one or the other. Then there are some cloud based solutions which may not always support cross platform transfer. Similarly, cloud based solutions demand consumers to pay yearly subscription fees. With SmartIO your data flows directly from your old phone to the new one. No computer or server is involved in the transfer and it comes at a nominal one time transfer fee.
Data Migration Guide:
SmartIO’s intuitive and clever design makes it extremely easy for you to transfer Contacts, Pictures and Videos. How would you do that? Let’s go over this step by step.
Step 1: Download & Launch App
SmartIO is available on Apple’s App Store, Google Play, Windows Phone Store and BlackBerry World. You can download the application for free on both of your phones. After download, you need to launch SmartIO on both devices.
Step 2: Device Type Selection
After launching the application on both devices, choose sender and receiver device.
Step 3: Login Process
On the phone that is going to receive the data (usually the new phone), you will have to make an in-app purchase to unlock the functionality. Before you make the purchase, you will be clearly presented with all the supported content types that can be transferred between your old and the new phone. Buying the in-app product will allow you a one-time transfer from old to new phone. If you want to consolidate data from a number of old phones to the new one then you will have to make additional in-app purchases.
Step 4: Scan the QR Code
In order to connect both devices, you need to scan the QR code. On the sender device, a camera viewfinder will appear and through it, you can scan the QR code appearing on the receiver device. Once the sender device detects the QR code, the receiver device has to accept the connection request.
Step 5:Select Content Types
On Sender, select the types of content that you want to transfer. The app will automatically check whether the receiver has enough space for receiving the selected data or not. Once the selection is final, press “Start”. You can select the content type from the list of Contacts, Pictures and Videos etc you want to clone. Afterwards, wait until all content is transferred.
Step 6:Transfer Progress
Both devices can see the progress and status of transfer; whereas the sender device can also 'Skip’, “Pause” and Disconnect” the transfer session.
Step 7:Transfer Completion
There you go. That is all you need to do. Clean & simple content transfer! A pop-up will appear on the receiver device showing transfer completion and on the sender phone, a tick mark against each content type selected shows. No annoying ads, no gimmicks and no guessing games. Pick up all your old phones collecting dust in your drawers and start transferring data to the new phone. For your convenience, there are also some SmarIO video tutorials available. Have fun with your new smartphone!
Found this blog interesting?
Want to know more about SmartIO?
Feel free to explore the rest of the website, or email your queries, comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to Android Using SmartIO App
- How to Use Pause and Resume Feature of SmartIO
- T-Mobile’s 5G Service - Delays for a Little While More
- How SmartIO Can Help you with Easy Content Transfer?
- SmartIO releases new build; now supports new content types
- Easily transfer Contacts, Pictures and Videos from any Android phone to Huawei Mate 8
- Apple Finally released iOS Update 9.2 version
- How to transfer Line Chat History/Backup from one Android phone to another Android phone without PC/Cables
- Apple unveils the iPhone 6S, the 6S Plus and the iPad Pro
- IFA 2015 sees the launch of a stream of exciting new devices
- SmartIO is coming to Vegas
- How to Transfer Videos from an Android phone to an iPhone/iPad without PC & Cables
- Android M has a name…
- Google gets a new CEO, Google Inc. & gets a new name “Alphabet”
- BlackBerry Announces BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
- New Nexus could be more powerful than Samsung Galaxy S6 and Motorola Nexus 6
- Self-repairing screens under development
- Has Samsung found battery technology’s Holy Grail?
- BlackBerry to launch its first Android smartphone
- Apple, everything new… and one more thing
- Are you ready for Android M?
- Android M for Mystery
- Top 3 Things to Do After Buying a New Smartphone
- SmartIO: Contacts Transfer from Old Phone to New One
- Top 3 ways to transfer contacts from an Android phone to an iPhone
- Xiaomi expects to make it big in India
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat Backup from Android Phone to Other Android Phone using SmartIO App
- How to Utilize Pause and Resume Feature on “SmartIO”
- How to Transfer Content to New Android Phone Using SmartIO