How to Utilize Pause and Resume Feature on “SmartIO”
March 6, 2015
Our Telco retail customers as well as end consumers frequently mentioned their frustration while transferring pictures and videos in retail stores or at homes. The biggest concern had always been the amount of time it takes to transfer large files. Once the transfer was started, the user had to stay with the devices till the transfer is finished which could potentially tie up the user for several minutes. This situation was especially undesireable for Retailers because the salesperson would monitor the data transfer in the service room for several minutes without getting a chance to interact with more customers. Among a multitude of innovative and unique features, SmartIO has also addressed this specific customer need. Our engineering team went to the design board and came up with a simple solution to let user pause the content transfer at any time and later resume it at the time and place of their convenience. With this feature, SmartIO customers do not need to stay in the same WiFi or Cellular network. Instead you can pause the transfer in one network and resume it in another. SmartIO also frees up the geographical limitations that a hardware based content transfer solution may pose. Our customers are able to use this software anytime, anywhere as long as they have some network connectivity. Below we will be describing step by step the Pause-Resume functionality of SmartIO App. Downloading SmartIO from App Store: SmartIO App is available on all major App stores, that includes Apple store, Google Play, Window and BlackBerry App store. Step -1: Selecting “Data Transfer” After you laumch the application, you will get the following options on the first screen
- Transfer Data
- Data Recovery
- Give Feedback
Select “Data Transfer” from the options on both old and new devices.
Step -2 : Network Selection for Data TransferOn the next screen you will have two options.
- Local Wifi
The next screen will again have two two options:
Please select “Sender” on new device and “Receiver” on old Device
Step -4 : Log-in or in App purchaseUpon selection of Local Wifi a new screen will appear with Two options:
- Login – For Buisness Users
- Skip Login- for consumers proceed to In-App Purchase. (The promo code is optional)
Step 5 : Device PairingOnce you have successfully logged on “New Device” or have made In-App purchase, the next step is device pairing. By now, the name of the new device will start showing up in the list of ‘Available Devices’ on the old device. Proceed with the following steps:
- On Old Device screen, select the name of the New Device
- On New Device, accept the connection request
This will result in successful pairing.
Step 6: Selecting Content Type:After successful pairing, the next screen will appear on the old device with content selection options, please select the content which is to be transferred to New Device, and then Press” Transfer Data”.
Step 7: Content Sharing InitializationOnce Content type is selected and data transfer is initiated, a new screen will appear displaying status of content transfer.
Step 8: Utilizing Pause option in Content sharing
During content sharing you can easily pause and resume the process. If you are looking to Pause the content sharing Press “Pause” on Old Device and Content sharing will be paused on both devices.
Step 9 : Utilizing Resume option in Content sharing
When you have utilized the pause option successfully.You can easily resume content sharing by pressing resume button on “Old Device” and content sharing will automatically start until all the selected content is transferred to the “New device”.
Found this blog interesting?
Want to know more about SmartIO?
Feel free to explore the rest of the website, or email your queries, comments or suggestions to email@example.com
- SmartIO releases new build; now supports new content types
- Easily transfer Contacts, Pictures and Videos from any Android phone to Huawei Mate 8
- Apple Finally released iOS Update 9.2 version
- How to transfer Line Chat History/Backup from one Android phone to another Android phone without PC/Cables
- Apple unveils the iPhone 6S, the 6S Plus and the iPad Pro
- IFA 2015 sees the launch of a stream of exciting new devices
- SmartIO is coming to Vegas
- How to transfer videos recorded on an Android phone to an iPhone/iPad without PC & Cables
- Android M has a name…
- Google gets a new CEO, Google Inc. & gets a new name “Alphabet”
- BlackBerry Announces BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
- New Nexus could be more powerful than Samsung Galaxy S6 and Motorola Nexus 6
- Self-repairing screens under development
- Has Samsung found battery technology’s Holy Grail?
- BlackBerry to launch its first Android smartphone
- Apple, everything new… and one more thing
- Are you ready for Android M?
- Android M for Mystery
- Top 3 things to do after buying a new smartphone
- SmartIO: Efficient Transfer & Handling of Contacts, across Devices & Platforms
- Top 3 ways to transfer contacts from an Android phone to an iPhone
- Xiaomi expects to make it big in India
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat Backup from Android Phone to Other Android Phone using SmartIO App
- How to Utilize Pause and Resume Feature on “SmartIO”
- SmartIO Introduction