How to transfer videos recorded on an Android phone to an iPhone/iPad without PC & Cables
August 21, 2015
Have you just bought a new iPhone and want to transfer all the content from your old device to your new phone? While you will find a lot of apps in the app store that help you do this, you will always have some issues.
- The application won’t support transfer of more than a few content types
- It will not offer seamless transfer of content types across platforms
- It will have a limit on how much content you can transfer across the devices
- It will transfer content without addressing the fact that some of the content on your old device is not compatible with your new phone
Unlike such applications, SmartIO is a unique content transfer app that has been architected to ensure that content is effectively transferred, so that it is accessible once transferred. One of the content types that users often have issues transferring across platforms is videos… especially when transferring videos recorded on non-Apple devices to Apple-made devices. The videos are often, unfortunately, not compliant with Apple-made devices.
In order to successfully transfer and access videos that have been recorded on an Android device to an iPhone, you will first need to download SmartIO from the app stores on both devices.
- From the SmartIO Dashboard, select ‘Transfer Data’ on both devices
- Assuming you’d be using your Wi-Fi connection to transfer the data, select ‘Local Wi-Fi’
- Then, on the Android device, select Sender, and on the iPhone, select Receiver
- On the Receiver, you’d be given the option to either try out the app or buy it. The ‘Try It’ option allows you to transfer two items of each transferrable content type. After you make your decision, the Receiver would start displaying its IP address
- The Sender would then identify the Receiver. Connect the two devices, much like you would when you’re connecting two devices over Bluetooth
- On the Sender, select Videos (and any other content type you want to transfer). And select ‘Start Transfer’
- Considering your Android device would contain some videos that were recorded on the device, and are not compliant with the iPhone, you’d be prompted with a notification on the Receiver, notifying you of the transfer of non-compliant items. You’d also be given the option to convert them to a compliant format. Select ‘Convert’.
- Transfer complete
Found this blog interesting?
Want to know more about SmartIO?
Feel free to explore the rest of the website, or email your queries, comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SmartIO releases new build; now supports new content types
- Easily transfer Contacts, Pictures and Videos from any Android phone to Huawei Mate 8
- Apple Finally released iOS Update 9.2 version
- How to transfer Line Chat History/Backup from one Android phone to another Android phone without PC/Cables
- Apple unveils the iPhone 6S, the 6S Plus and the iPad Pro
- IFA 2015 sees the launch of a stream of exciting new devices
- SmartIO is coming to Vegas
- How to transfer videos recorded on an Android phone to an iPhone/iPad without PC & Cables
- Android M has a name…
- Google gets a new CEO, Google Inc. & gets a new name “Alphabet”
- BlackBerry Announces BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
- New Nexus could be more powerful than Samsung Galaxy S6 and Motorola Nexus 6
- Self-repairing screens under development
- Has Samsung found battery technology’s Holy Grail?
- BlackBerry to launch its first Android smartphone
- Apple, everything new… and one more thing
- Are you ready for Android M?
- Android M for Mystery
- Top 3 things to do after buying a new smartphone
- SmartIO: Efficient Transfer & Handling of Contacts, across Devices & Platforms
- Top 3 ways to transfer contacts from an Android phone to an iPhone
- Xiaomi expects to make it big in India
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat Backup from Android Phone to Other Android Phone using SmartIO App
- How to Utilize Pause and Resume Feature on “SmartIO”
- SmartIO Introduction