Easily transfer Contacts, Pictures and Videos from any Android phone to Huawei Mate 8
January 7, 2016
One the first day of CES 2016, Huawei launched the Mate 8, a 6-inch Android-run martphone that supposedly provides 100% more CPU power, 125% better GPU performance and 70% increased power efficiency. Huawei’s claims are enough to get anyone excited, so we’re not surprised that you’ve either pre-booked or are interested in the device. The question that remains is, how can you easily transfer data, like your contacts, pictures and videos, from your old device to the Mate 8? With SmartIO, you can achieve this very easily. Following are the steps to how you can easily transfer all your images, contacts and videos from an Android phone to the Huawei Mate 8.
- On both devices, download the SmartIO app from the Play Store for free.
- From SmartIO’s main dashboard, select ‘Transfer Data’ on both devices.
- Select ‘Local Wi-Fi’ from the screen that appears next on both devices.
- Select ‘Sender’ on the old device/device and ‘Receiver’ on the Mate 8.
- The Sender would now start scanning for devices to connect to. On the Mate 8’s screen, select ‘Try First’ to test out the app or Buy it. As you’d be able to see, you can transfer more than a dozen different content types between the two devices.
- Once the Mate 8 has been recognized as a Receiver, your old phone would recognize the Mate 8.
- Select the Mate 8’s device name from the list, and Connect. On the Mate 8, accept the connection request that is prompted (much like Bluetooth connection).
- Then select Contacts, Pictures and Videos from the list of content types that appears on the screen and start transfer. You can pause/ resume the transfer, according to your convenience.
- Transfer complete.
Found this blog interesting?
Want to know more about SmartIO?
Feel free to explore the rest of the website, or email your queries, comments or suggestions to email@example.com
- SmartIO releases new build; now supports new content types
- Easily transfer Contacts, Pictures and Videos from any Android phone to Huawei Mate 8
- Apple Finally released iOS Update 9.2 version
- How to transfer Line Chat History/Backup from one Android phone to another Android phone without PC/Cables
- Apple unveils the iPhone 6S, the 6S Plus and the iPad Pro
- IFA 2015 sees the launch of a stream of exciting new devices
- SmartIO is coming to Vegas
- How to transfer videos recorded on an Android phone to an iPhone/iPad without PC & Cables
- Android M has a name…
- Google gets a new CEO, Google Inc. & gets a new name “Alphabet”
- BlackBerry Announces BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
- New Nexus could be more powerful than Samsung Galaxy S6 and Motorola Nexus 6
- Self-repairing screens under development
- Has Samsung found battery technology’s Holy Grail?
- BlackBerry to launch its first Android smartphone
- Apple, everything new… and one more thing
- Are you ready for Android M?
- Android M for Mystery
- Top 3 things to do after buying a new smartphone
- SmartIO: Efficient Transfer & Handling of Contacts, across Devices & Platforms
- Top 3 ways to transfer contacts from an Android phone to an iPhone
- Xiaomi expects to make it big in India
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat Backup from Android Phone to Other Android Phone using SmartIO App
- How to Utilize Pause and Resume Feature on “SmartIO”
- SmartIO Introduction